Bodoland University is the largest university serving in lower Assam. After it’s birth, the Bodoland university is not only catering to the needs of people of Assam but nearby states and countries too.
About Bodoland University (BU): Bodoland University was established by Bodoland University Act 2009, passed in the Assam legislative Assembly. The present Bodoland University is an up-gradation of the Kokrajhar campus of Gauhati University to a full-fledged state University as per the provision of the Act.
Departments under Bodoland University:
- Computer Sc. & Tech.
- Mathematical Sciences
- Management Studies
- Political Science
- Bamboo Studies
Bodoland University Admission 2019-2020 Session
Classes for Diploma/UG/PG will start commencing from 01 August 2019. The Admission prospectus is available at the cashier counter at University Admin Block.
The students willing to get admission in UG Courses will have to go through an entrance test while students can get admission in UG and diploma courses directly on merit basis.
- Date of Application Issue: 10 June 2019
- The last date to submit the application: 10 July 2019
- Declaration on PG Candidates for Entrance: 19 July 2019
- Entrance Exam Date: 22 July 2019
- PG Course Result Declaration: 25 July 2019
Date of Admission for UG/PG/Diploma
- Economics/ Pol Science/ History/ Biotechnology: 27 July 2019
- Physics/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Botany/ MBA/ Mathematical Science: 29 July 2019
- Geography/ Education/ Commerce/ Computer Science/ MCA: 30 July 2019
- Assamese/ Bodo/ ENGLISH/ DBT/ BSc (Bamboo Studies)/ PGDHRE: 31 July 2019
- For UG/diploma: Rs 500/-
- For PG: Rs 800/-
Bodoland University (BU) Admission Eligibility criteria
1.Eligibility criteria for M.A./M.sc./M.com.- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com (10+2+3 Pattern) with major/honors course in the concerned subject with 50% marks.
2. M.Sc. Computer Science/IT– B.Sc. (10+2+3 Pattern) with major/honors course in the concerned subject. or BCA/BSc (IT) (10+2+3 Pattern) with mathematical science in 12th. or B.Sc. with IT or computer science as an elective subject. Or B.Sc with PGDCA and maths in 12th. Or B.E, B.Tech (IT/CSE) .
3. MSc Biotechnology– Science Graduate with any biotechnology subject with 50% marks.
4. Diploma in Bamboo Technology– High School Passed.
5. B.Sc Bamboo Studies– High School Science Passed.
6. MBA– Any Bachelor degree with 50% marks.
7. MCA– BCA/ BSC/ Bcom/ BA with mathematics in 12 or graduation level (minimum 50% marks in graduation).
For admission in Graduate courses, a student must have passed High school from any Board.
Seat Reservation System in Bodoland University
Students belonging to SC, ST, OBC categories will get a reservation according to the govt norms. Please see the table below for details.
|Scheduled Cast (Plains)||10%|
|Scheduled Cast (Hills)||5%|
|OBC & MOBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||15%|
|A person with a disability (PWD)||3%|
|Economically weaker section (EWS)||10%|
|B.U. Employee’s son/daughter/spouse||2 Seats in each Dept.|
|Fringe Village||5 Seats in each Dept.|